Electrical Machinery Regulations
E.A.P Security comply fully with the new requirements of the Electrical Machinery Regulations Act: SANS 10222-3 and SANS 60335-2-7
E.A.P. is an accredited installer, registered with the Department of Labour and SAEFIA (South African Electrified Fencing Installers Association), Certificate Number EFSI 01238.
Our key staff have undergone the prescribed training and are certified.
We issue a Certificate of Compliance with every new installation. This is valid for 2 years.
Certificate of Compliance
Should you require a Compliance Certificate please give us a call and we will gladly quote for the requirements to bring the fence up to the required spsecification.
Property owners with their own energizers are advised that a Certificate of Compliance (COC) is available on request to ensure that the electrified fencing system installed complies with new Government Regulations introduced on 1st December 2012.
A Certificate of Compliance is mandatory when selling your property and is transferable, provided the certificate is less than two years old.
Electrified fencing is powered by an Energizer - a transformer that converts low voltage power into higher voltage which is normally set at 10000 volts.
Unlike the electric power in your home, the energiser powers the stainless steel wires in “pulses”, on/off every second and therefore is termed a “non-lethal” electric fence. The E.A.P SecurityS when touched will give a really nasty shock but will not kill!
Legal Requirements for electric fencing (SANS 60335-2-76 - South Africa)
- Wall Height Minimum wall height of private property to be secured - 1.5 metres.
- Brackets Upright brackets may be used without any height restriction.
- Angled brackets Brackets can be angled at no more than 45 degrees out and are to be installed on the inside of the boundary wall.
- Neighbours It is not permissable to angle brackets into a neighbour’s property without their knowledge or consent.
- Hazard Electrified fences are to be installed and operated so that they cause no electrical hazard or entanglement to persons or animals.
- Barbed wire or razor wire These shall not be electrified by an energiser.
- Warning Signs Electric fencing installed along a public road or pathway shall be securely identified with YELLOW WARNING SIGNS (100 x 200cm) at intervals not exceeding 10 metres. All gates and access points to have warning signs.
- Electrified Gates To be capable of being opened/closed without the person receiving a shock.
We are SABS Compliant
EAP Security uses SABS compliant energisers and stainless steel 316 marine grade wire for our electrified fence installations, which all conform to strict legislation as specified in the Government Gazette. E.A.P Security electrified fence installations conform to all other controlling legislations such as the minimum installation height permissible and warning sign requirements pertaining to the erection of non-lethal electrified fencing.
EAP Security earthing for extra safety
1.6m SABS approved A grade earth spikes will be driven into the ground at intervals of approximately 50 meters. A minimum of 3 is regulatory as is Lighting Protection at the energizer. . All cabling between the fence and the energizer will be sleeved in 20mm PVC conduit piping.